Cordyceps ( Dong Chong Cao ) 冬蟲草 Chinese Herbs Articles
Cordyceps ( Dong Chong Cao ) 冬蟲草 Chinese Herbal Articles also known as chong cao, dong chong cao, yarsa gumba (Nepalese name of Tibetan origin), yartsa
gunbu (dbyar rtswa dgun 'bu) Tibetan name 蟲草, 冬蟲草. It belong to the "Ascomycetes or Clavicipitaceae" family.
Cordyceps ( Dong Chong Cao ) 冬蟲草 has a sweet, warm properties. It is use for treating the lung and kidney.
Cordyceps ( Dong Chong Cao ) 冬蟲草 Medical Function:
1. Improves auto-immune system.
2. Protects kidneys from toxins.
3. Protects kidneys from exhaustion.
4. Protects liver from toxins and treats and prevents cirrhosis of liver.
5. Protect the heart from the damaging effect of ouabain (C29H44O12.8H2O).
7. Anti-rejection effect in cornea transplant.
8. Antibiotic effect.
9. Inhibits contraction of smooth muscles.
Cordyceps ( Dong Chong Cao ) 冬蟲草 Cautions:
Cordyceps ( Dong Chong Cao ) 冬蟲草 use in large dosages and/or long term usage can be toxic to kidneys.
Cordyceps ( Dong Chong Cao ) 冬蟲草 Note:
According to the classics Medical Material, "Ben Cao Bei Yao" 本草備要, the best dong chong xia cao 冬蟲夏草, are produced in Sichuan. Today, most of them are produced in Xizang (Tibet) and Qinghai. Because the sizes the larvae are larger, they fetch higher prices.