Red Dates ( Hong Zao ) 紅棗 Chinese Herbs Articles
Red Dates ( Hong Zao ) 紅棗 Chinese Herbs Articles, also known as da zao 大棗. It belong to the "Rhamnaceae" family.
Red Dates ( Hong Zao ) 紅棗 has a sweet and warm properties. It is use for treating the stomach and spleen.
Note: da zao 大棗 are black in color and hong zao 紅棗 are smaller and red in color. Both are from the same kind of fruit. When the fruit are blanched slightly in boiling water, and dried under the sun, they are called hong zao 紅棗 (red jujube). When the fruit are blanched in boiling water and baked until the skin become black and shinny, they are call da zao 大棗 (large jujube).
Red Dates ( Hong Zao ) 紅棗 Medical Function:
• improves cAMP.
• calms the central nervous system.
• inhibits histamine, IgE and 5-HT (serotonin).
• protects liver.
• improves strength of muscles.
• inhibits cell mutation and inhibits cancer cells.
• treating skin cancer：the active ingredients betulinic acid.
• maslinic acid possess the effect of inhibiting cancer cells.
• preventing reaction in blood transfusion.
Red Dates ( Hong Zao ) 紅棗 Cautions Use:
• Da zao 大棗 promotes damp heat (infection of the digestive tract).
• It creates flatulence, indigestion, promotes parasites, bad teeth.
• Do not use in case of hot cough or in case of yeast infection.
• Do not use large amount if digestion is bad.